Trek Inca Trail 4 Days
Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 4 Days 3 Nights
- Itinerary & Map
- Prices & Inclusions
- What the Trip is Like
- Client Reviews
- Reserve Tour
Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days
Day 1: Cusco – Piscacucho Trailhead – Huayllabamba
Our Inca Trail trek to Machu Picchu begins with a pickup from your hotel at 5:00 am and takes you to Piscacucho trailhead. Once there, we will meet the entire team of professionals who will make your trip a success. Then we will begin our trek.
The first day is easy and let you prepare for the days to come. We will have the beautiful sight of the snow mountains and will also be walking near the Sacred Valley River. After 2 hours hike, we will find the first Incan site of Patallacta, where we will have lunch and later continue to our first camp at Wayllabamba.
Day 2: Huayllabamba – Death Woman’s Pass – Pacaymayo
After enjoying our breakfast, start the most difficult section of the hike to the highest pass of the Inca Trail. This day will also offer stunning views of the Andean scenery and also observe the different types of micro-climates existing in the area.
The arduous ascent continues, we will pass the dead woman, at about 4200 masl. Here you will have the enormous satisfaction of reaching the highest point of the entire Inca Trail. After this experience, we will continue descending to Pacaymayo and have our delicious lunch. This place will also be our campsite, meaning you will spend the afternoon resting in your tent.
Day 3: Pacaymayo – Phuyupatamarca – Wiñay huayna
After eating our breakfast, we will start the way up to the second Inca Trail pass at 3850 masl. On the way, we will visit the small Incan sites of Runkurakay and Sayacmarca with our knowledgeable guide. After this experience, we will continue our hike to Chaquicocha, where we enjoy our lunch.
From here, the Inca Trail trek offers amazing views with verdant vegetation and mossy trees. The 2-hour hike brings us to another Incan complex, where we will start a long descend. We will continue our hike to the last campsite called Wiñay Huayna (forever young). Our guide will take us to visit the impressive archaeological site. After the tour, we will have dinner and say goodbye to the adventure team.
Day 4: Wiñay Huayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Today we will get up very early and eat our small breakfast. We will continue our hike very early in order to be on time and see the sunrise over Machu Picchu. After a one-hour trek, we will pass through Inti Punku or sun gate to Machupicchu, where you will have an amazing panoramic view of the Incan citadel. After this experience, we will visit the Inca citadel for about 3 hours.
Our guided tour ends with clear indications to return safely to Cusco, this will include the train and bus tickets to transport yourself.
Length: 4 days/3 nights
Tour Type: Private Service
Lodging: Inca Trail Campsites
Activity: Hiking / Trekking, Archaeology, Adventures
Hike to Machu Picchu on an original stone-paved path built by the Incas
Explore unique archaeological sites that only Inca Trail hikers have access to.
Exceptional private guided tour of Machu Picchu.
Prices are per person
Our Inca Trail Trek is perfect for people who enjoy hiking and love nature. You do not have to wait for anyone else Book now !
Inca Trail Trek Includes:
- Pre-departure briefing about the trek.
- Private bus transportation from Cusco to the trailhead at kilometer 82.
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3-afternoon teas.
- Camping equipment: Shared 2-person tents, 2 sleeping mattresses.
- Communal dinner tent and cooking tent.
- Stools and tables for meals
- Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Porters (for the heavy items like tents, food, tables, etc.).
- A chef.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide.
- Drinking water for Days 2 and 3.
- One-way train ticket, Expedition class service, from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.
- One-way bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
Inca Trail Trek Excludes:
- Sleeping bags.
- First breakfast & last lunch.
- Extra personal porter (hired at $140 USD for the entire trip – maximum of 13 kg (28 lbs.)
- Wayna Picchu entrance ticket (please request 3-4 months in advance – $70 USD).
- Snacks and drinks.
- First breakfast & last lunch.
- Tipping the support team on the last day is customary.
- Personal travel Insurance.
- Upgrade to Vistadome.
- Upgrade to Hiram Bingham train Service:
- Walking Sticks: $ 16 per pair.
- Upgrade to Inkaterra Pueblo Hotel :
- Porter to carry your personal Belongings:
- Entrance Tickets to Huaynapicchu Mountain:
- Entrance Tickets to Machu Picchu Mountain:
- Entrance Tickets to Huchuypicchu Mountain:
- Single tent Suplement:
- Sleeping Bag: $20
- Adicional overnight in Aguas calientes
PACKING LIST FOR THE INCA TRAIL TREK
For this Trek, you need to pack a duffel bag that will be carrying the pack animal (horse/mule). Max 7 Kilos /15 Pounds, And a daypack to carry essentials during the hike.
Daypack packing list
- Original Passport ( the same you have used for booking your trek)
- Good daypack (25 to 30L)
- Water 1 to 2 liters of water
- Comfortable hiking boots with ankle support
- Polar or sweater for early mornings and evenings
- Rain jacket or Rain Poncho.
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Camera with extra batteries
- Toiletries kit
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips
- Personal Medication (we carry a Basic first Aid kit).
Duffel bag Packing list:
- Sleeping Bag.
- Pack your clothes and personal belongings for the next 4 days.
- Warm clothes.
- Comfortable shoes (to be used at the campsites)
- Toiletries kit.
Accommodations are in sturdy mountain-style tents. Our camps are operated to the highest environmental standards.
Inca trail Campsites
About the Trip
About the Lodges