Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 3 Days
The Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 3 days is ideal for those trekkers who want to hike across the Andes Mountains with very few people en route. The Huchuy Qosqo Trek is an off the beaten path experience with great Andean sceneries and Inca sites.
Huchuy Qosqo is situated in the mountains overlooking the spectacular Sacred Valley of the Incas and many quaint villages. This Huchuy Qosqo trek is perfect for those who do not want to take a long walk but still includes Machu Picchu, Inca trails, Inca ruins and snow mountains. You will camp very close to Huchuy Qosqo community and the next night you will stay in a hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Itinerary & Map
- Prices & Inclusions
- What the trip is like?
- Client Reviews
- Reserve Tour
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu 3 Days
Day 1. – Cusco— Taucca—Huchuy Qosqo
We will pick you up from your hotel in our private vehicle for one hour to Taucca. We begin our hike following a pathway used by ancient people to connect Huchuy Qosqo and the Sacred Valley of the incas.
After one hour hike, we get to the lookout point from where you can observe panoramic views of the sacred valley mountain range. At this high Andean level, we also observe llamas and native Queuña forest.
Then, will continue on a gentle pathway enjoying beautiful green valley stretching out as far as the eye can see, the trail takes us up over the pass (4100 masl) and into a high open country. Once at the top, we will enjoy our box lunch and also the incredible view of the Andes Mountains. From the top, the Huchuy Qosqo Trail takes us downwards for 3 Hrs. to our lunch and camping spot.
Day 2.-Huchuy Qosqo—Lamay—Ollantaytambo—Aguas Calientes
After eating our breakfastl, we will walk for few minutes and take a guided Huchuy Qosqo tour. During this short hike, we will able to see the panoramic view of the sacred valley and the town of Lamay.
Huchuy Qosqo, recently restored by archaeologists, located at 3450 mals. From this point, it is clear to see many gorgeous mountains as Chicon, Pitusiray, Sawasiray, Wakaywillka, and Veronica so respected and venerated by locals. You will visit the entire Incan complex along with your guide.
After our history lesson, we will walk down into the valley where we will enjoy our nutritious lunch next to the sacred valley river. This is about 1.5 hours walk in a zigzagging and almost vertical trail with incredible views of the mountains and wide valley with corn fields.
We will say goodbye to our support team and head towards Ollantaytambo train station. From Here, we travel by train to Aguas Calientes. We will have our dinner at the restaurant and stay the night at the hostel in this town.
Day 3.- Machu Picchu Guided Tour – Cusco
Today you’ll finally visit Machu Picchu! To maximize the experience, we’ll have a very early breakfast to catch one of the first buses up to the citadel. Your hotel will store your backpacks until you return from your tour. The bus takes about 30 minutes to arrive at the monument. Your guide will immediately take you to a beautiful spot to watch the sunrise and take pictures. You’ll have about a 2-hour guided tour where you’ll visit the most important parts of the monument and learn about Inca culture and history.
The time of your train departure depends on availability at the time of booking. The train trip to Ollantaytambo takes about 2 hours. Transportation will meet you at the train station to take you back to your hotel in Cusco.
Great Combination of Cultural and Active tour.
Trailhead elevation : 12467ft -3800mts
Max. Elevation :13451ft - 4100 mts
Trail End elevation: 9648ft - 2941 mts.
Lenght: 3 days 2 nights
Day 1 : Campsite.
Day 2: 3 Star Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
Meals: 2 Breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 Dinners.
Activity: Cutural Tour, Active Tour
Journey by train to Machu Picchu.
Exceptional private guided tour of Machu picchu.
Tour the world wonder at your own pace, no rush.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu is perfect for friends, couples, and small families. Select your arrival departure dates, group size with our private service. You set the pace to maximize your experience. The Huchuy Qosqo Trek is based on a minimum of 02 and a maximum of 08 hikers.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Includes:
- Pick-ups from your hotels at 06:00 am.
- Private Transportation to Tambomachay (trailhead).
- English speaking tour guide and a cook.
- 4 people tent only for 2 members.
- Dining tent with tables, chairs and cooking equipment.
- Meals: 2 Breakfast, 2 lunches, 2 Dinners.
- Horses (to carry tents, food, cooking equipment).
- 6 Kg personal porterage service for your items (Duffle bag provided).
- Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes.
- Boiled water to fill in your bottle.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank.
- Transportation from Lamay to Ollantaytambo Train station.
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (Vistadome or Expedition).
- Arriving in Aguas Calientes transfer to the Hostal.(Double private room).
- Early Breakfast and bus up to Machupicchu citadel.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu for 2 hrs approximately.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition Train returns to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek Excludes:
- Drinkable water on Day 1-
- Sleeping bag (you can hire for US$10).
- Breakfast on Day 1 and meals on Day 3.
- Drinks and snacks.
- Tipping your staff is customary.
About the Trip
About the Lodges